Thursday 18 August 2011

Powershell: Check for installed Hotfixes

Just found this cool powershell method for finding whether a hotfix has been applied to a computer. I was having an issue with my VMWare VSphere Client - a known issue with a particular hotfix released by MS being the culprit. I have plenty things installed on my machine and it takes Control Panel forever to load the list of updates, and even then its a slow process locating the one.

Powershell has a quick method for locating the KB. Simply run the following:

Get-Hotfix -Id KB980773

This will throw an error if it doesn't exist, but thats ok for my purposes. I could see this being a neat way of checking a farm of servers for a particular update.

No comments:

Post a Comment

/* add this crazy stuff in so i can use syntax highlighter